Genetic Improvement of Software regards the use of search-based techniques to improve software, with respect to some user-defined objectives, such as execution time or functional correctness. Our goal with the Genetic Improvement Workshop series is to promote research in this area.
For more information, links to tools and resources, please check the FAQ & Resources page.
The 6th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement @ICSE 2019
We are pleased to announce the 6th Workshop on Genetic Improvement at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2019, Montreal, Canada.
Submission deadline: 1st February 2019 Notification to authors: 1st March 2019 Camera-ready copies due: 15th March 2019
- Workshop date: Tuesday, 28th May 2019
A list of papers accepted to the 6th Workshop on Genetic Improvement can be found on our Papers page.
The workshop schedule can be found here.
We are happy to announce the winners of our GI 2019 student sponsorship:
Each will recieve funds to travel and attend the workshop in Montreal.
My paper has been accepted, now what?
- Please register to attend the ICSE Conference — Ensure you register to attend the GI Workshop on Tuesday, 28th May 2019. Early registration deadline: Monday 1st April, 2019.
- Prepare and submit your camera ready submission by the 15th of March. This should incorporate any changes highlighted as necessary by your paper’s reviewers and abide by the IEEE Conference Proceedings formatting guidlines.
We are pleased to announce that this year’s Workshop on Genetic Improvement Keynote presentation will be given by Nadia Alshahwan from Facebook, who is part of the Sapienz automated testing team. Her talk is titled “Industrial experience of Genetic Improvement in Facebook”.
The 7th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement @GECCO 2019
The 7th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement will take place within the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) 2019 in Prague. More information about this event can be found here.
- Submission deadline: 3rd April 2019
- Notification to authors: 17th April 2019
- Camera-ready copies due: 24th April 2019
- Conference dates: 13th – 17th July 2019