Genetic Improvement of Software regards the use of search-based techniques to improve software, with respect to some user-defined objectives, such as execution time or functional correctness. Our goal with the Genetic Improvement Workshop series is to promote research in this area.
For more information, links to tools and resources, please check the FAQ & Resources page.
The 6th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement @ICSE 2019
We are pleased to announce the 6th Workshop on Genetic Improvement at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2019, Montreal, Canada.
We invite submissions that discuss recent developments in all areas of research on, and applications of, Genetic Improvement.
The Workshop on Genetic Improvement provides an opportunity for researchers interested in automated program repair and software optimisation to disseminate their work, exchange ideas and discover new research directions.
Topics of interest include both theory and practice of Genetic Improvement. Applications include, but are not limited to:
- repairing bugs
- improving efficiency
- decreasing memory consumption
- decreasing energy consumption
- transplanting functionality
- specialising software
- translating between programming languages
- generating multiple versions of software
We invite submissions of two types of paper:
- Research papers (an eight page limit)
- Position papers (a two page limit)
We encourage authors to submit early and in-progress work. The workshop emphasises interaction and discussion.
All papers should be submitted as a PDF in the ACM conference format via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gi2019). The Workshop on Genetic Improvement uses double-blind review — Please anonymise authorship information prior to submission.
Dates for your diary:
- Submission deadline: 1st February 2019
- Notification date: 1st March 2019
- Camera-ready deadline: 15th March 2019
- ICSE Conference: 25th – 31st May 2019
- Workshop date: 28th May 2019
We provide links to papers that have previously been accepted to the Genetic Improvement Workshop series in our Papers page.
- The 1st International Workshop on Genetic Improvement at GECCO 2015, Madrid Spain
- The 2nd International Workshop on Genetic Improvement at GECCO 2016, Denver, Colorado
- The 3rd International Workshop on Genetic Improvement at GECCO 2017, Berlin, Germany
- The 4th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement at ICSE 2018, Gottenburg Sweden
- The 5th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement at GECCO 2018, Kyoto, Japan