We are pleased to announce the 6th Workshop on Genetic Improvement at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2019, Montreal, Canada.
We invite submissions that discuss recent developments in all areas of research on, and applications of, Genetic Improvement.
We encourage authors to submit early and in-progress work. The workshop emphasises interaction and discussion. We are able to provide financial support for up to 5 students who have their paper accepted at the workshop.
The Workshop on Genetic Improvement provides an opportunity for researchers interested in automated program repair and software optimisation to disseminate their work, exchange ideas and discover new research directions.
Topics of interest include both theory and practice of Genetic Improvement. Applications include, but are not limited to:
- repairing bugs
- improving efficiency
- decreasing memory consumption
- decreasing energy consumption
- transplanting functionality
- specialising software
- translating between programming languages
- generating multiple versions of software
We invite submissions of two types of paper:
- Research papers (an eight page limit)
- Position papers (a two page limit)
All papers should be submitted as a PDF in the ACM conference format via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gi2019). The Workshop on Genetic Improvement uses double-blind review — Please anonymise authorship information prior to submission.
Dates for your diary:
- Submission deadline: 1st February 2019
- Notification date: 1st March 2019
- Camera-ready deadline: 15th March 2019
- ICSE Conference: 25th – 31st May 2019
- Workshop date: 28th May 2019